• Jan. 29, 200 block of Gladiolus Street, domestic disturbance. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a call regarding a couple engaged in a verbal argument. The woman said no physical contact had been made during the argument.
• Feb. 6, 200 block of Gladiolus Street, burglary. An unknown person entered a residence through an unlocked door and stole several items valued at $756.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Jan. 30, 600 block of 66th Street West, robbery by sudden snatching. A Bradenton Beach woman reported walking west at the listed address when a male came up from behind her and grabbed her wallet out of her hand. The man fled with the wallet that contained cash and the victim’s identification.
• Jan. 21, 60 block of Bay Drive North, Pines Trailer Park, stalking, alleging threatening and harassing behavior. According to the report, the behavior has continued for about a year.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Feb. 2, 4400 block of 125th Street West, domestic disturbance. A 72-year-old woman was arrested for domestic battery after her 46-year-old roommate claimed the woman attacked her as they walked home from a bar. According to the report, the victim said the suspect punched her in the face. She ran home and locked the door, at which time the suspect is alleged to have thrown a chair through the bedroom window. The victim locked herself in the bathroom and called law enforcement. After an MCSO deputy observed injuries to the complainant’s face, the 72-year-old woman was arrested.
• Feb. 4, 2350 Cortez Road W., Home Depot, petit theft. A 39-year-old Cortez man was charged with petit theft after he allegedly placed a $159 range-finder in his pocket. According to the report, the man attempted to leave the store through the garden center, at which time he was stopped and escorted back into the store.
• Jan. 25, 4300 block of 127th Street West, petit theft. A complainant reported someone entered his boat and removed a battery and spotlight.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Jan. 31, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix, trespass after warning. A Holmes Beach Police Department officer observed a 53-year-old Bradenton man at Publix after he was confirmed to have been trespassed from the business Jan. 4. The man was arrested for misdemeanor trespass after warning and booked into the Manatee County jail.
• Feb. 6, 8320 Lockwood Ridge Road, Bradenton, Walmart, petit theft. A 39-year-old Holmes Beach man was arrested for petit theft after allegedly attempting to steal a $98 cellphone. According to the report, the man put a packaged cellphone into his pocket and went to the restrooms, where he removed the phone from the package, returned the phone to his pocket and attempted to leave the store. He was stopped and escorted back into the store. An MCSO deputy arrested the man.
• Jan. 18, 100 block of Aqua Lane, battery. A woman observed a couple, who appeared to be intoxicated and drinking alcohol while parked on Aqua Lane. The woman suggested the couple not drive and the suspects told the woman to mind her own business. The man allegedly pushed the complainant before the couple left the area in their vehicle.
• Jan. 19, 5900 Marina Drive, skate park, vehicle burglary. Someone entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a backpack containing items valued at $1,083. The theft was captured on a surveillance camera.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.