• Feb. 11, 500 block of South Drive, information. A complainant reported that her employer contacted her to inform her that someone was attempting to gain access to her tax information by using her Social Security number. The attempt was unsuccessful.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• No new reports.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Jan. 1, 4200 block of 126th Street West, fraud. A man discovered someone had opened an online account using his Social Security number. The man told law enforcement he does not know of anyone with access to his personal information.
• Feb. 15, 4500 block of 119th Street West, information. A member of an island charitable organization attending the Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival reported that a previous member of the organization was violating an injunction order by donning garb associated with the nonprofit. Law enforcement contacted the man, who was not causing a disturbance. The complainant was unable to produce the court documents to prove her claim, but wanted the incident documented.
• Feb. 17, 4500 block of 124th Street West, grand theft. A complainant reported that someone entered his residence and stole a kitchen table.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Feb. 14, 6300 block of Gulf Drive, domestic battery. A couple was arguing in their vehicle and it turned physical when the woman began to hit the man, causing his mouth to bleed. According to the report, the woman kicked the man out of the vehicle and left the area. Police stopped her in the 100 block of 66th Street. The 49-year-old Gulfport woman was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery.
• Feb. 15, 300 block of Clark Drive, obstruction. Law enforcement received information that a 25-year-old Fort Lauderdale woman was at the listed residence and was wanted on an outstanding arrest warrant. Police knocked on the residence and were met by a 33-year-old Holmes Beach woman, who denied the wanted female was at the residence. Police officers placed the property under observation. About 30 minutes later, the younger female exited the residence. She was arrested on the warrant and the Holmes Beach woman was arrested for misdemeanor obstruction.
• Jan. 27, 3000 block of Gulf Drive, burglary. A complainant reported that someone entered his residence through an unlocked window and stole $20 in quarters.
• Jan. 30, 100 block of 30th Street, beach access, theft. An employee of a dredging company reported $800 missing from her backpack, which had been left outside of a mobile work trailer.
• Jan. 31, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix, trespass. Police made contact with a man, who had been trespassed from the store Jan. 4. Upon confirming the prior trespass warning, the man was arrested.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.