• Feb. 17, 300 block of North Bay Boulevard, battery. Two people engaged in a verbal argument that turned physical when the suspect pushed the victim into a clothes rack, picked up a vacuum hose and struck the victim on the head. The suspect then took the victim’s keys and fled the scene.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Feb. 22, 118 Bridge St., Sports Lounge, minor in possession of alcohol. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer was on foot patrol outside the Sports Lounge when a female exited with a beer in her hand and began yelling at another female. The officer intervened and asked the woman for identification. She told the officer she was 21, but her identification showed her to be 18. She was arrested on a misdemeanor minor in possession charge and for providing false information to a law enforcement officer.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Feb. 21, 10900 block of Cortez Road West, domestic battery. A 40-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery after allegedly slamming a woman’s head with a door. According to the report, the two went out drinking and when they returned home, the woman said the man drank too much. She took a beer from him, threw it in the trash and then headed for another room. The man allegedly grabbed the woman and placed her head against the doorframe and used the door to hit her head twice. Law enforcement observed bruising around the woman’s eye and took the man into custody.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Feb. 1, 6900 block of Holmes Boulevard, disturbance. A Holmes Beach Police Department officer responded to a call of a possible crash. Upon arriving, the officer spoke to a witness, who said he heard the crash, two men arguing and then said it sounded like they both left. The officer searched the area and found no evidence of the crash or any damages.
• Feb. 2, 3100 block of Avenue F, theft. Two bikes left out overnight were stolen. They were valued at $60.
• Feb. 2, 2700 block of Avenue C, theft. A complainant reported that a bike valued at $50 was stolen.
• Feb. 2, 6400 block of Marina Drive, battery. Police responded to a call of two males engaged in a physical confrontation. An older man had injuries that included blood on his face and a swollen nose. The man said it wasn’t the first time the younger male had attacked him, but he chose not to press charges.
• Feb. 3, 500 block of 74th Street, vehicle burglary. A complainant reported someone entered his boat and removed a $2,000 control panel.
• Feb. 5, 5501 Marina Drive, Keyes Marina, theft. A complainant reported someone stole a boat anchor valued at $100.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.