• Jan. 27, 300 block of Hardin Avenue, petit theft. A complaint was filed against a construction crew for using water from a nearby home to mix cement. The incident was reported by a neighbor.
• Feb. 25, 800 block of North Shore Drive, animal complaint. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a call of loose dogs being aggressive toward people passing nearby. Animal control was contacted and the owners were issued a warning.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Feb. 28, 400 block of Gulf Drive South, grand theft. During the beach renourishment project, someone stole a seismograph valued at $9,000 from the beach. According to the report, an individual monitoring the seismographs from a remote location called to report significant movement. When someone went to check on the equipment it was gone. The equipment weighs about 75 pounds.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• March 3, 5800 block of Marina Drive, possession of drug paraphernalia. A 39-year-old Ruskin man was arrested on misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana charges. According to the report, a Holmes Beach Police Department officer initiated a traffic stop. An identification check revealed the driver had an active warrant out for his arrest out of Collier County. After he was taken into custody, a marijuana cigarette and pipe were located inside his vehicle.
• Feb. 16, 400 block of Clark Drive, drunk person. A complainant reported someone walked in front of her vehicle as she was leaving home for work and slammed his hands on her hood. Police located the suspect, who said he had recently arrived at a friend’s house and thought it was one of his friends inside the vehicle. He admitted he had been drinking and was advised of public intoxication laws.
• Feb. 16, 3800 block of Sixth Avenue, domestic disturbance. Police responded to a domestic disturbance and made contact with two females. They told police the male suspect had been drinking all night and was upset. Upon speaking to the suspect, he admitted he “fell off the wagon,” and acknowledged his current state of intoxication was the cause of the problem. He returned inside the house to apologize to the two females, but became belligerent toward them. The officer advised that the man leave for the night and he complied.
• Feb. 20, 3352 E. Bay Drive, Ace Hardware, shoplifting. A store employee observed a man attempting to cut through the security cable of an outside display of bicycles. The man was using a pocketknife. The employee confronted the individual at which time he yelled, “I should have known better,” and fled the area on his own bicycle. The suspect was not found.
• Feb. 21, 500 block of 74th Street, criminal mischief. A complainant said someone broke a window on his vehicle, causing $738 in damages.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.