• March 13, 100 block of Hammock Road, incident investigation. A real estate business reported to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office that a home for sale was falsely listed as “for rent” on Craigslist.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• March 30, 1900 block of Gulf Drive North, simple battery. A 17-year-old was arrested by a Bradenton Beach Police Officer after allegedly pushing two relatives.
• March 27, 2300 block of Gulf Drive, DUI. A 34-year-old Bradenton woman faces a DUI charge after she rear-ended a SUV around 1:30 a.m. She refused sobriety tests but was allegedly intoxicated. She recorded .274 and .27 on two Breathalyzer tests conducted at the Manatee County jail. She also was issued a traffic citation for reckless driving.
• March 14, 111 Gulf Drive, Bridge Street Bistro, disturbance. A man and woman were issued trespass warnings after allegedly causing a disturbance and refusing to leave.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• March 21, 100 block of Cortez Road, incident investigation. A motorist reached a speed of 70 mph on Cortez Road trying to avoid his wife, who was following him in another vehicle. An MSCO deputy conducted a traffic stop and asked the man to call a friend to come pick him up because he smelled of alcohol. The wife, who arrived on the scene, was asked to go home. The vehicle driven by the man was towed.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• March 28, 3100 block of Gulf Drive, incident investigation. Holmes Beach Police called for assistance from the MCSO after a citizen reported seeing a suspicious backpack under a bench and unknown liquid had leaked from the pack. A K-9 unit and on-call bomb tech were called to the scene. However, they soon learned the backpack only contained an empty vodka bottle and plastic cups.
• March 21, 300 block of Clark Drive, incident investigation. The MSCO responded to HBPD to assist with a reported homemade firearm made of PVC pipe.
• March 21, 5315 Gulf Drive, Eat Here, theft. A white iPhone was stolen from the hostess stand at the restaurant.
• March 20, 3700 block of East Bay Drive, criminal mischief. An unknown suspect vandalized a home, breaking an umbrella in the front yard and throwing it into the water. The suspect also damaged a plastic pink flamingo and smashed a porcelain mushroom.
• March 16, 200 block of 35th Street, bike theft. An unknown man walked up to the front porch of a home and took a white and pink bicycle with a basket on the front. The victim took a video of the man riding the bike down the street.
• March 16, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix Super Market, theft. Two suspects stole a box of fried chicken and a bottle of wine from the store around 2 p.m. According to the police report, the two suspects were found “actively consuming the chicken” in the rear of the store and were issued a notice to appear and trespass warnings.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.