• May 10, 300 North Shore Drive, disorderly intoxication. MCSO officers responded to a 911 call regarding a man being too drunk to drive his kids home. The man was arrested for disorderly intoxication and resisting arrest.
• May 8, 700 Jacaranda Road, battery. A 50-year-old woman was arrested after she allegedly struck her husband in the forehead with a plastic container. She was taken to Manatee County jail.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• May 12, 2600 block of Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, battery. A 50-year-old Ohio man was arrested for allegedly slapping a woman several times in the head during an argument. The man faces a charge of domestic battery and was taken to the Manatee County jail.
• May 10, 100 block of Gulf Drive North, arrest. A 57-year-old man faces a charge of disorderly conduct after he allegedly went into a convenience store and began screaming and overturning objects in the store. The man was taken to Manatee County jail.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• May 12, 102nd St. West, arrest. Deputies responded to a report of a stolen vehicle and determined that no vehicle theft had taken place. However, the driver of the vehicle was found to have a suspended license and was in possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana. He faces charges.
• May 11, 124th St. W, Cortez, trespass. MCSO officers responded to a report of a burglary in the progress. During their investigation, it was determined there was not a burglary. However, two individuals were issued trespass warnings at the request of the property manager.
• May 9, 4400 123rd Street West, Cortez, battery investigation. An argument became physical between a man and woman. No arrests were made.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• May 7, 5400 block of Gulf Drive, recovered vehicle. HBPD officers responded to a call about a suspicious unoccupied vehicle with a Michigan license plate around 5:30 p.m. Officers ran the plate through a nationwide database and learned the vehicle had been reported stolen. The vehicle was towed.
• May 7, 100 block of 43rd Street, drug citation. Two juveniles were issued civil citations for possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana. HBPD conducted a traffic stop after seeing the driver of the vehicle allegedly make an illegal left turn. When the officer approached the vehicle he reported smelling marijuana and seeing a leafy green substance strewn around the floor.
• May 4, 2014, 5320 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach Barber Shop, burglary. Sometime between 8:30-11:30 a.m. a woman’s green woven purse was stolen from her vehicle. The woman said she mistakenly left her purse in her locked vehicle while she was at work. Her purse contained credit cards, identification and over $500 in cash, part of which was to be deposited for the barbershop. The incident is under investigation.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.