• May 24, 100 block of Cedar Avenue, domestic disturbance. MCSO deputies were called in reference to a verbal altercation among relatives. The MCSO advised members of the family on the city noise ordinance.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• May 27, 1200 block of Gulf Drive, domestic battery. A woman jumped out of a boat and swam to shore after her brother became violent and allegedly hit her and her mother several times. A “be on the look out” alert was issued to local law enforcement agencies.
• May 26, 2200 Coquina Park, Bradenton Beach, arrest. Two men, 20 and 21, were arrested during a traffic stop and both face charges of possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana. The 20-year-old man was additionally charged with resisting arrest with violence after he allegedly became belligerent and aggressive toward BBPD officers. BBPD officers found a half bottle of beer, a bottle of watermelon vodka and half a marijuana cigarette in the vehicle. Both men received open container citations. Both men were taken to the Manatee County jail.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• May 24, 4400 block of 123rd Street Court West, investigation. A man called and reported that two of his firearms were taken from his home. The MCSO noted that there was no sign of forced entry. The incident remains under investigation.
• May 19, 11900 block of 45th Avenue West, Cortez, arrest. A verbal argument between relatives turned physical around 9:45 p.m., after the adult male allegedly choked and hit a younger male. Both parties refused EMS treatment. The man was arrested and faces a battery charge. He was taken to the Manatee County jail.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• May 22, 3000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, theft. A 49-year-old man was arrested for allegedly taking a blue beach chair from Publix without paying. He was located carrying the chair a few blocks south of the store.
• May 14, 5800 block of Gulf Drive, hit and run. HBPD officers are investigating a hit-and-run incident involving a public works employee as he was working in an area on the side of the road that was marked with caution cones. The vehicle’s right-front mirror was damaged during the incident. The incident is under investigation.
• May 14, 4200 block of Gulf Drive, burglary. A man’s golf clubs were stolen from a locked storage unit near his residence. The incident is under investigation.
• May 14, 3900 East Bay Drive, Holmes Beach, investigation. A Publix cashier received a counterfeit $20 bill. The incident is under investigation.
• May 13, 3200 block of East Bay Drive, DUI arrest. Kenna Andrew Scott, 27, of Brandon, faces charges of DUI and resisting arrest. He was arrested at 8:42 a.m. during a traffic stop after an HBPD officer observed him driving erratically with a flat tire. Scott allegedly slurred his speech, smelled of alcohol and had trouble standing, and he refused to take a Breathalyzer test. He allegedly became verbally abusive toward the arresting officer. He was taken to Manatee County jail.
• May 12, 300 block of Gulf Drive, warrant. A 43-year-old woman was arrested on three outstanding warrants from Broward County during a traffic stop. She also was issued a citation for not wearing a seatbelt. She was taken to Manatee County jail.
• May 11, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, theft. A suspect stole a bicycle belonging to a 17-year-old employee from the Publix parking lot.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.