• June 1, 800 block of North Shore Drive, seizure. A man who was sleeping on the beach had his driver’s license seized by a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy. A records check showed the license was suspended.
• May 29, 700 block of Gladiolus Street, incident investigation. A person received a threatening message on Facebook. MSCO investigated and found it was a case of mistaken identity.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• May 30, 500 Gulf Drive, warrant arrest. A 27-year-old man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• June 1, 2800 block of Gulf Drive, drug arrest. A 24-year-old from Palmetto faces charges of possession of marijuana, knowingly driving with a suspended license and two counts of possession of a controlled substance. The individual was pulled over after driving by Holmes Beach Police Department officers for allegedly not wearing a safety belt. The officer allegedly noticed 10 marijuana cigarettes in the ashtray of the vehicle. The HBPD also found oxycodone pills during a search. The person was taken to Manatee County jail.
• May 30, 3200 block of Gulf Drive. A 56-year-old man was issued a notice to appear in court and is facing a charge of possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana after a traffic stop where HBPD officers found an open container and a marijuana cigarette. The officer pulled the man over for not wearing a safety belt, but noticed liquid on the floorboard and the smell of marijuana. The man’s friend picked him up. He also was issued citations for an open container and not wearing a safety belt.
• May 30, 700 block of Manatee Avenue, warrant arrest. A 28-year-old man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• May 21, 8800 block of Gulf Drive, grand theft auto. Robert Christopher Leighton, 37, of Bradenton, was arrested around 2:15 a.m. for allegedly driving a stolen Chevrolet Corvette. HBPD initially pulled Leighton over for careless driving and for rapidly accelerating while making a left-hand turn. While turning, the Corvette allegedly traveled into the opposite lane on Marina Drive. HBPD soon discovered the tag on the car was registered to a 1998 Ford pickup truck. Leighton told police the Corvette belonged to his boss and it was supposed to be dropped off at a showroom. Leighton was arrested and taken to Manatee County jail. He also faces a charge of attached tag not assigned.
• May 27. 600 block of Manatee Avenue, criminal mischief. A 73-year-old woman slammed her car door into a car door belonging to her neighbor’s boyfriend, causing $1,000 worth of damage to the vehicle. She told police she was frustrated because her 28-year-old neighbor’s child had left toys outside on the lawn. The woman told police she does not approve of her neighbor’s lifestyle and she did the damages as a form of “pay back.”
• May 26, 611 Manatee Ave., CVS, battery. An argument over a cellphone became physical when a man pushed a woman into shelves inside the store.
• May 26, 600 block of Manatee Avenue, warrant arrest. A 59-year-old Bradenton man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• May 26, 4000 Gulf Drive, burglary. A vehicle was broken into and two purses were stolen from under the dash inside the vehicle.
• May 26, 3200 block East Bay Drive, possession. Two Mulberry men received notices to appear in court after HBPD officers found 3.6 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and loaded weapons in their possession during a traffic stop. The men were initially pulled over for not wearing safety belts. They also were issued seat-belt citations.
• May 24, 3300-3800 blocks of Gulf Drive, criminal mischief. An unknown suspect hit several mailboxes along the road with a baseball bat.
• May 24, 3200 E. Bay Drive, Benderson shopping center, theft. A skateboard was stolen from in front of Subway.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.