• June 3, 400 block of Pine Avenue, Anna Maria, grand theft. Two locked bicycles were reported stolen from the front yard of a residence.
• June 8, 400 block of Spring Avenue, battery. A 58-year-old Anna Maria man was allegedly assaulted in front of his home around 12:45 a.m. when a man ran up to him and started punching and kicking him. Two neighbors reportedly witnessed the suspect kicking the victim before the suspect took off running toward Spring Avenue and then north to Crescent Avenue. The victim refused medical treatment. The suspect was not located.
• June 7, 100 block of Spring Avenue, grand theft. A woman reported that her smart phone was stolen from the beach. The investigation is open.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• June 8, 200 Gulf Drive North, disorderly conduct. A 28-year-old man, who was allegedly intoxicated, became loud and belligerent when his vehicle broke down in the parking lot of Joe’s Eats and Sweets Ice Cream Shop. The shop owner said the man was yelling at customers and scaring employees. He was arrested and taken to Manatee County jail.
• June 8, 7250 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, battery. Three subjects were involved in a physical altercation on the sandbar off of Jewfish Key around 4:30 p.m. According to the report, two groups of males got into a verbal argument that turned physical when a man punched a juvenile in the head. Another man punched the aggressor in an effort to break up the fight.
• June 6, 100 block of Bridge Street, trespassing. A-52-year-old man was arrested after violating a trespass warning.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• June 12, 10100 block of Cortez Road West, battery. A 37-year-old Cortez woman was arrested on battery charges after she allegedly slapped the glasses off the face of a relative and bit another relative on the forearm during the altercation. The woman was arrested and taken to Manatee County jail.
• June 10, 10100 block of Cortez Road, warrant arrest. A 29-year-old man was arrested for allegedly violating probation.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• June 12, Bayshore Garden’s Parkway, Bradenton, DUI. A Holmes Beach woman was arrested around 12:30 a.m. after she was seen traveling at a high rate of speed through a parking lot. Donna Faye Wood, 61, was arrested after an MSCO officer noticed she was slurring her speech. Wood failed several field sobriety tests and allegedly recorded a .146 on a Breathalyzer test. She was taken to Manatee County jail.
• June 12, 400 block of Clark Lane, DUI. A 25-year-old Bradenton man faces a DUI charge after he was pulled over for allegedly speeding and running several stop signs. Lucas Blaney was arrested after an MCSO officer smelled alcohol on his breath. Blaney was taken to Manatee County jail, where he refused a Breathalyzer test.
• June 5, 3900 block of Gulf Drive, contributing to delinquency of a minor. A 31-year-old Dover man was arrested on charges of no valid driver’s license and contributing to the delinquency of a minor after HBPD officers discovered a 17-year-old passenger drinking beer in the vehicle. The man was also issued citations for open container and an expired tag. He was taken to Manatee County jail. The 17-year-old was charged with possession of alcohol and transported to a juvenile detention facility.
• June 4, 4000 block of Gulf Drive, theft. A woman’s cellphone was stolen while she was at the beach.
• June 1, 600 block of Manatee Avenue, theft. A 48-year-old man was issued a notice to appear in court after he allegedly stole a bottle of Burt’s Bees hand moisturizer from CVS.
• May 31, 4000 block of Gulf Drive, vehicle burglary. Two men had $150 stolen from wallets they left in a locked glove compartment inside an open Jeep while they were at the beach.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.