• No new reports.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• June 15, 300 block of Bay Drive North, battery. A 49-year-old man was arrested around 1:30 a.m. after he allegedly struck his live-in girlfriend during an argument over another woman. The man allegedly hit the woman two nights earlier and dragged her by her hair. The woman stated she endured “four hours of hell” during that time, but did not report it until the second incident on June 15. She refused any medical attention. The man was taken to Manatee County jail.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• June 18, 4600 block of 124th Street West, grand theft. A 42-year-old Cortez man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• June 15, 119th St. W., battery. Two homeless men were allegedly sharing a bottle of whiskey in a wooded area when one of them passed out and awoke to find the bottle empty and allegedly started hitting and kicking the other man, who called police from a nearby laundromat.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• June 14, 3800 block of East Bay Drive, drug possession. A 31-year-old Bradenton woman was arrested during a traffic stop after MSCO deputies found three doses in her purse. She was taken to Manatee County jail. The driver of the vehicle, a 37-year-old Bradenton man, also was arrested. He was charged with driving with a suspended license.
• June 12, 5300 block of Gulf Drive. Battery. An 18-year-old woman said she was walking along the beach when a man allegedly made sexual remarks to her. The woman told police he grabbed her right arm from behind and turned her around to talk to him. The woman said she walked away, but 10 minutes later he grabbed her around the waist. She said she ran away. The suspect is described as 40 years old and hairy with grey sideburns. He was last seen wearing blue swim trunks.
• June 11, 3700 block of East Bay Drive, battery. A 60-year-old man was hit with a plastic bag containing a Subway pizza and ice while walking along the side of the road. The man said he saw a white truck coming toward him and stepped in the grass off the roadway as it passed. He said someone in the truck threw the bag and almost knocked him to the ground. The incident is under investigation.
• June 11, 3300 block of Gulf Drive, vehicle burglary. A man said his vehicle was burglarized and the window was broken while he and a friend were scuba diving. The suspects were later arrested in Pinellas County and charged with the burglary.
• June 10, 100 block of While Avenue, petty theft. A bicycle was stolen from a juvenile while he was at the beach.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.