• No new reports
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• July 16, 200 block of Gulf Drive, resisting arrest. A 35-year-old man was arrested on a charge of resisting without violence after he allegedly ran from a Bradenton Beach police officer as BBPD attempted to investigate a domestic battery complaint. He was taken to Manatee County jail.
• July 14, 100 block of Seventh Street South, resisting arrest. A 22-year old Bradenton Beach man was arrested around 2 a.m. for allegedly resisting arrest. A BBPD officer responded to a house party in reference to several noise complaints. On the second visit to the party, a man allegedly tried to block the officers from entering the party.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• July 17, 10100 block of Cortez Road, battery. A 29-year-old man faces a battery charge after he allegedly poured a cup of milk over a female relative’s head and then threw a sandwich at the woman. According to the report, the man became enraged when he was refused a cigarette. He fled the scene when the police were called, but he was later arrested and taken to jail.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• July 17, 200 block of 83rd Street, battery. A man was arrested after he allegedly grabbed a woman’s arms and held her against her will, then held her head down to a countertop. He also struck a 21-year-old male relative in the face, causing his mouth and nose to bleed. The man was arrested and taken to Manatee County jail.
• July 9, 6400 block of Flotilla Drive, battery. A 40-year-old Pennsylvania man was arrested after he allegedly battered a 17-year-old boy while at a pool. According to the report, the man demanded the boy turn off the music coming from his phone. The man then grabbed the phone, threw it on the ground and tackled the boy to the ground. The man was arrested and taken to Manatee County jail.
• July 9, 4000 block of Gulf Drive, warrant arrest. A 56-year-old Fort Pierce woman was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• July 9, 500 block of 70th Street, burglary. A woman reported her jewelry box and several pieces of jewelry had been stolen from her residence while she was out of town.
• July 5, 24300 block of Second Avenue, warrant arrest. A 65-year-old Boca Raton man was arrested on an outstanding warrant during a traffic stop. He was extradited to Broward County.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.