• No new reports
Anna Maria is policed by the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
• Aug. 1, 2500 block of Gulf Drive North, Dream Inn, vehicle burglary. A witness saw someone breaking into the car of his brother. As he yelled from the motel window, several men ran from the pool area. Items missing from car include a GPS device, a radio/stereo, headphones and adaptor and a Notre Dame blanket. There was no visible damage to the vehicle.
• July 27, 100 block of Bridge Street, Sports Lounge, simple battery. A man said he accidentally bumped the door into a woman as he left the bar. A man outside insisted on an apology to the woman. The man did not apologize and said he was followed by a man, who punched him in the face 6-8 times and then left in a black Chevrolet Avalanche.
• July 13, 400 block of Gulf Drive, fraudulent use of credit card. The complainant reported a second theft and use of his credit card by a relative. The complainant was advised to report the use of the card to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office since it was used in MCSO’s jurisdiction.
• July 25, 1300 block of Gulf Drive North, Tortuga Inn, lost or stolen property. A guest switched motel rooms, then said when she had showered in the first room, she left a pair of earrings valued at $2,500 on the bathroom counter. Upon returning to look for the earrings, the guest discovered the room had been cleaned and the earrings were not found. The assistant manager checked with the cleaning crew and was informed that the jewelry had not been found.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the Bradenton Beach Police Department.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• July 26, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, Publix, theft. A 55-year-old man was arrested on a retail theft charge after he allegedly stole chicken, wine and Powerade. He was taken to the Manatee County jail.
• July 25, 3000 block of Gulf Drive, trespass. A homeless man allegedly stole alcohol from Citgo. He was issued a trespass warning.
• July 24, 4000 Gulf Drive, trespass. A woman was issued a trespass warning for camping on the beach after a Holmes Beach Police Department patrol officer observed her sleeping in the sea oats with all her belongings strewn about.
• July 24, 300 block of 65th Street, criminal mischief. A woman reported that someone cut her screen to gain access to her back porch in order to turn her power on and hooked up extension cords to steal her electricity.
• July 22, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, Publix, theft. An unknown suspect allegedly stole four packs of alcohol from Publix and fled the scene on a blue beach cruiser.
• July 20, 4100 block of Gulf Drive, obstruction. A 27-year-old Tarpon Springs man was arrested during a traffic stop after an HBPD officer observed him veer off the roadway and run into a light pole. The officer allegedly smelled alcohol on the man’s breath. He was arrested on a charge of obstruction after he would not allow the officer to search his vehicle or provide him information. The man also refused to take a Breathalyzer test. He was taken to Manatee County jail.
• July 19, 3500 block of Sixth Avenue, burglary. An unknown suspect broke into an apartment by removing the glass from the rear door. It was not known if anything was taken from inside the apartment.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.