• Aug. 6, 300 block of Pine Avenue, suspicious incident. An unknown male was seen riding a bicycle without lights, leaving the area in a hurry. The area was checked and a dark green bike was found in the back yard of a home in the 300 block of Spring Avenue, but the homeowner was not available. Photographs were taken of the bike.
Anna Maria is policed by the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
• Bradenton Beach police reports were unavailable due to a continuing computer problem.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the Bradenton Beach Police Department.
• Aug 12, 4500 block of 123rd Street West, trespass. A male of unstated age was issued a trespass warning at a business after it was reported he was hanging around the property, behaving suspiciously and bothering employees. He previously was trespassed from the property two years ago and recently had been released from jail.
• Aug 9, 4200 block of 126th Street West, civil dispute/ownership. A woman stated that her rental property had been damaged. Neighbors advised that wild parties with 15-20 people in attendance had taken place at her rental property. The complainant blamed her tenant. Damage was reported to an elevator, two screen doors, three power outlets, and a large window in the garage was broken.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• Aug. 1, 4100 block of Sixth Avenue, DUI. Wendall Stewart, 42, of Bradenton, was observed driving at a high rate of speed and swerving over the dividing line on Manatee Avenue. The officer observed the driver smelled of alcohol and was glassy-eyed. Driver failed all aspects of field sobriety test. A ticket was issued for speeding and the driver was taken to Manatee County jail.
• July 31, 5200 block of Gulf Drive, driving on suspended license, third offense. A 52-year-old Bradenton woman was observed driving in the bike lane while going 35 mph in a 25-mph zone. Traffic stop revealed no drivers license and two suspensions. The driver was taken to Manatee County jail.
• July 30, 600 block of Manatee Avenue, drivers license. A 70-year-old Holmes Beach man was driving on an expired tag and, when pulled over, was found to have a suspended license and a seize tag order. He was issued two citations, one for expired tag and one for no proof of insurance, and a notice to appear for driving on suspended license. The tag was seized and placed into property.
• July 27, 3800 block of East Bay Drive, drivers license. A 24-year-old Lakeland man was arrested on a charge of driving on a suspended license. He was taken to the Manatee County jail.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.