Sunrise Easter service set
The Anna Maria Island Kiwanis Club will host its 45th annual nondenominational sunrise service on Easter Sunday, April 12.
The service will take place at Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, beginning at 6:30 a.m.
The Rev. Rosemary Backer of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Holmes Beach will deliver the sermon, “Sunday’s Coming.”
Other Island churches, as members of All Island Denominations, also will participate in the service with readings from Scripture and songs.
The Kiwanis club invites the public to attend the service, and encourages worshippers to bring a beach chair or towel, as well as a flashlight for a pre-dawn arrival. The club also encourages trolley ridership when possible.
During the service, Kiwanis members collect donations for the participating churches.
In addition to the Kiwanis service, all the Island churches will host Easter programs, including:
- Crosspointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, will hold Easter service at 8:50 a.m.
- The Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, will hold Easter services at 7:30 a.m., 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Also, on Easter Sunday, the church will hold an egg hunt at 10:15 a.m.
- At Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, there will be two Easter services, at 8:30 a.m. and at 10:30 a.m.
- Harvey Memorial Community Church, 300 Church Ave., Bradenton Beach, will hold an Easter service with the Rev. Stephen King at 9:30 a.m.
- Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria, will hold two services on Easter, one at 9 a.m. and one at 11 a.m.
- At St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach, Easter Mass will be celebrated at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon, with Divine Mercy Services following the noon Mass.
An egg hunt will take place at 1 p.m. on Easter Sunday.