Wednesday, May 10
8 p.m. - Democratic Women's Club Vaudeville Follies fundraiser at the Riverfront Theatre, 201 Old Main Street, Bradenton. Information: 758-4610. Fee applies.
Thursday, May 11
5 to 7 p.m. - Manatee Young Professionals networking event at the Sandbar restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 748-4842.
7 p.m. - Florida Institute of Saltwater Heritage membership meeting and inauguration of the Cortez schoolhouse, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 708-4935.
8 p.m. - Stephen Sondheim's musical Follies at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 201 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
Friday, May 12
6 to 6:45 p.m. - Island Baptist Church Children's Ministry presents dinner and a movie at 8605 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 778-0719.
Saturday, May 13
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting with speaker, Vicky Zimarino presenting "Water Conservation" at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9 to 11 a.m. - "Rescue, Rehab & Release" family program at Mote Marine Laboratory, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4441. Fee applies.
10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Family origami class at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
11 a.m. - Ribbon-cutting ceremony at the new basketball court adjacent to Holmes Beach City Hall, 5708 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
6 to 11 p.m. - "Pirates of Anna Maria" AME Spring Fling at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5525. Fee applies.
Monday, May 15
Noon - Anna Maria Island Democratic Club presents "Immigration: Sorting Out the Issues" with guest Jim Delgado at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 778-9287.
Tuesday, May 16
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch with guest speaker Matthew Sanders of the Special Olympics Team at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 713-0042.
5 p.m. - Parent-Teacher Organization family dinner by Rotten Ralph's at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5525. Fee applies.
7 p.m. - "A Bug's Life" kindergarten play at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5525.
- Cancer prevention and survival cooking class at Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through May 20. Information: 778-1908.
- Manatee High School Student Exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach, through May 26.
- Stephen Sondheim's musical Follies at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 201 Old Main St., Bradenton, through May 28. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- "Geometricks" exhibit by Jill Joli Wulkan at the Manatee Arts Council Gallery, 926 12th St. W., Bradenton, through May 29. Information: 746-2223.
- Art exhibit by Midge Pippel at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through May 31.
- "The New World in the Eyes of Explorers" at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton, through June 4. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- "Tourism: Where are We Now?" presentation at Longboat Key Hilton May 18.
- "Mixed Emotions" at the Island Players May 18-28.
- Armed Forces Day celebration at American Legion Post 24 May 20.
- Snook Adams' Kids Day with the Privateers at Bayfront Park May 20.
- Skateboarding competition at Holmes Beach Skate Park May 20.
- Pianist Mike Markaverich at First United Methodist Church May 21.
Save the Date:
- "Once Upon A Time" summer camp at Anna Maria Island Community Center May 30.
- Islandwide Blood Drive June 10-11