Thursday, May 21
10:15 a.m. — Friends of the Island Library book club discussion of “The Street of a Thousand Blossoms” at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
1:30 p.m. — Cultural Connections meeting with guest Mike Kennedy of Bradenton’s downtown development office at The Studio at Gulf and Pine Streets, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1788.
Friday, May 22
11 a.m. — Longboat Key-Lido Key-St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament at the Longboat Key Club Islandside Golf Course, 301 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2466. Fee applies.
Monday, May 25
Today is Memorial Day,
7:30 p.m. — Parenting education and support group at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
Tuesday, May 26
Noon — Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch with guest speaker master gardener Janice Hamlin at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Fee applies.
Wednesday, May 27
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at Island Real Estate, 401 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
5:30p.m. – Teen “paper craft” program at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens by gender for ages 11-17 meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- Every Friday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. through the end of May, Bradenton Courthouse Square lunchtime concerts at 1115 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-704-4366 or 941-932-9439.
- May 30, Chinese Dragon Boat Festival at Coquina Beach.
- June 2, Island Rotary Club lunch at the BeachHouse.
Off-Island Arts & Events:
Friday, May 22
5 to 7 p.m. — Women Veterans Network presents a documentary film “The Lioness” at the American Legion Post 24, 2000 75th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-794-3489. Fee applies.
Ongoing Off-Island Theater:
- “The Devil’s Disciple” Asolo Repertory Theatre, 5555 N. Tamiami Trail, through May 24. Box office: 941-351-8000. Fee applies.
- “Black Pearl Sings!” Florida Studio Theatre, 1241 N. Palm Ave., Sarasota, through May 30. Box office: 941-366-9000. Fee applies.
- “La Cage aux Folles” at the Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through May 31. Information: 941-748-5875. Fee applies.
- “Laughing Matters” Florida Studio Theatre, 1241 N. Palm Ave., Sarasota, through June 6. Box office: 941-366-9000. Fee applies.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.