Wednesday, June 18
5:30 p.m. - Teen program: A team from Creations by L offers instructions and materials to create a charm for a cell phone at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Thursday, June 19
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.:Visit the Island Gallery West to see the work of June’s featured artist Merribeth Bursik, featured at the gallery, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through June 30. Information: 941-778-6648.
Friday, June 20
10 a.m.to 5 p.m. - On Fridays and other weekdays, the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, offers a range of classes for adults and children. Fees. Information: 941-778-1908 or www.islandcommunitycenter.com.
Saturday, June 21
8 a.m. - Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium hosts an annual Artificial Reef Cleanup and Treasure Hunt, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Fee. Information: 941-388-4441.
8:30 a.m. - The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. The speakers are Randy Janson and Andy Spher talking about organ donations. Information: 941-795-8697.
Monday, June 23
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - The Artists Guild of Anna Maria Island Gallery, 5414 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, celebrates the work of student Brittney Douglas. Information: 941-778-6694.
Tuesday, June 24
10 a.m. - The Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach hosts a presentation by poet Kwabena Dinizulu.
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
Wednesday, June 25
8 a.m. - The Longboat Key/Lido Key/St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce hosts a lunch at the Chamber office, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2466.
5 p.m. - The Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce hosts a networking event at the Key Royale Club, 700 Key Royale Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1541.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- On Fridays, the Anna Maria Island Community Center hosts a family night, featuring indoor skating and movies. Information: 941-778-1908.
- From 8 a.m. to noon the first Saturdays of the month, the Felts Audubon Preserve, 4600 24th Ave. E., Palmetto, opens to visitors, with volunteers available to answer questions about the flora and fauna and hiking paths. Information: 941-729-2222.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- On the first and third Saturdays in June and July, the Historic Bridge Street Merchants Association presents the Bridge Street Market from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-518-4431.
- On June 25, the Island Players series of summer theater classes begin 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesdays at the theater. Information: 941-518-4431.
Save the date:
- On July 3, the BeachHouse Restaurant presents its annual fireworks display. Information: 941-779-2222.
- On July 4, the Anna Maria Island Privateers host a parade from Coquina Beach in Bradenton Beach to Bayfront Park in Anna Maria, followed by a party at the Cafe on the Beach.
- On July 19, the South Florida Museum celebrates the birthday of Snooty the Manatee. Information: 941-746-4131.
- On Aug. 15-17, the Island Players welcome the Welsh Players to the Island for a performance of “The Importance of Being Earnest.” Fee. Information: 941-778-5755.
Send calendar listings to email@example.com. Please include time, date and location of the event and a contact number and e-mail address. The deadline for submissions is at least one week prior to the Wednesday publication date.Remember, the sooner you submit your notice, the sooner The Islander can announce the event.