Wednesday, Aug. 3
7 to 8 a.m. - Pier regulars meeting at the Anna Maria City Pier, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 778-7062.
5:30 p.m. - Graphic-novel art demonstration for teens with illustrator Jon Scott at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
Thursday, Aug. 4
5 p.m. - Back-to-school night at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5525.
8 p.m. - Manatee Players present "Vaudeville Follies" at the Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
Friday, Aug. 5
2 p.m. - Children's movie "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory," starring Gene Wilder, featured at Holmes Beach City Hall, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
4 p.m. - Teen surf movie "Blue Crush" featured at Holmes Beach City Hall, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. (Final offering for summer movies sponsored by Janae Haupt.)
Saturday, Aug. 6
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Manatee Children's Summit at the Manatee Civic Center, One Haben Blvd., Palmetto.
7:30 a.m. to noon - Felts Audubon Preserve nature walk at 4600 24th Ave. E., Palmetto. Information: 737-3169.
Wednesday, Aug. 10
5:30 p.m. - Cowry shell jewelry class for teens with John Malan of Nica Rose jewelry shop at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341. All materials provided.
- "Bioquest" summer camp at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through Aug. 5. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
- Manatee Players present "Vaudeville Follies" at the Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through Aug. 14. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- Susan Oberender stained-glass exhibit at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through Aug. 31. Information: 787-6648.
- Sierra Club presents "Mangroves: Love Them and Leave Them (Alone That Is)" at Phillippi Estate, Sarasota Aug. 11.
- "Do Ya Do Ya Do Ya Wanna Dance?" at the Bradenton Woman's Club Aug. 13.
- Teen program: Create a graphic-novel poster at the Island Branch Library Aug. 17.