Wednesday, Sept. 10
7:45 a.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce sunrise breakfast at Melinda’s Cafe, 5315 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-1541. Fee applies.
Thursday, Sept. 11
Today is Patriot Day.
2 p.m. - Movie at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
7 p.m. - Patriot’s Day candlelight memorial service and speakers at the American Legion Kirby Stewart Post 24, 2000 75th St. W., Bradenton. The public is welcome. Information: 941-794-3489.
7 p.m. - Sarasota Shell Club meeting at Mote Marine Aquarium, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 941-492-5296.
Saturday, Sept. 13
8:30 a.m. - The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting with guest speaker Charles Bronson at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Bronson will discuss hurricane-proof residential construction. Information: 941-795-8697.
9 to 11 a.m. - “Can You Sea Me?” Wild Kids’ Weekend at Robinson Preserve, 1704 99th St. N.W., Bradenton. Program suitable for ages 6 and older. Information: 941-748-4501 ext. 4605.
12:30 p.m. - CANCELED - Eco-hunt on St. Armands Circle sponsored by the Longboat Key-Lido Key-St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce. Meet at Hemingway’s Restaurant, 325 John Ringling Blvd., St. Armands Circle. Information: 941-952-1119, www.Eco-Hunt.com. Fee applies.
Monday, Sept. 15
Noon - Anna Maria Island Democratic Club meeting with guest speaker Jonathan McCollum, regional director, and Rob Kelly, Manatee County coordinator for the Bradenton Obama campaign for President at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-9287.
Tuesday, Sept. 16
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
5 p.m. - Family dinner night at the Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-708-5525. Fee applies.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Sept. 20, volunteer workday at Robinson Preserve.
- Sept. 22, “Greening Your Business” workshop at the BeachHouse Restaurant.
- Sept. 24, teen movie and craft night at the Island Branch Library.
Save the date
- Sept. 28, Shiprek AMI Privateer Poker Run, www.amiprivateers.org.
- Sept. 29, the annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf tournament. Information: 941-778-1541.
- Oct. 18, Island Bayfest, Anna Maria.
- Oct. 25, Anna Maria Elementary School Fall Festival.
- Oct. 31, Trail of Treats.
- Nov. 1, Sarasota Blues Festival, www.sarasotabluesfest.com.
- Nov. 2, Anna Maria Elementary 1950s student reunion picnic.
- Nov. 8-9, Discover Egmont Key.
- Nov. 14-16, “artsHOP” takes place at various venues on the Island. Information: 941-778-2099.
- Nov. 15, village of Cortez Folk Festival.
- Nov. 15, Anna Maria Island Community Center “Concert on the Green.”
- Nov. 16, Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra “Fall Welcome” concert. Tickets on sale, www.amicco.org.
Send calendar listings to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include time, date and location of the event and a contact number and e-mail address. The deadline for submissions is at least one week prior to the Wednesday publication date.Remember, the sooner you submit your notice, the sooner The Islander can announce the event.