Thursday, Sept. 22
7 p.m. - Manatee High School Key Club orchestra concert to benefit Hurricane Katrina victims at Manatee High School's Davis Building on the corner of 32nd Street and Ninth Avenue, Bradenton.
Friday, Sept. 23
Noon - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at El Conquistador Country Club, 4350 El Conquistador Pkwy., Bradenton. Information: 778-1541.
5 to 7 p.m. - Opening reception for "The Highwaymen" exhibit at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 746-4131.
8 p.m. - Opening night of "Our Town" at the Neel Performing Arts Center, 5840 26th St W., Bradenton. Information: 752-5252. Fee applies.
Saturday, Sept. 24
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - National Estuaries Day cruise through Sarasota Bay on the Sarasota Bay Explorer available from Mote Marine Aquarium, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4200. Fee applies.
Wednesday, Sept. 28
5 to 7 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at the Bayside Banquet Hall, 4628 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 778-1541.
- "Our Town" at the Neel Performing Arts Center, 5840 26th St W., Bradenton, through Oct. 1. Information: 752-5252. Fee applies.
- "The Highwaymen" Florida's African-American landscape painters exhibit at the South Florida Museum, 201 Tenth Street W., Bradenton, through March 12. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society juried Aqueous Show at the Longboat Key Center for the Arts Sept. 30.
- "A Taste of St. Armands" Oct. 1.
- Manatee County Coastal Cleanup Oct. 1.
- Shallow-water fishing expo at the Sarasota-Bradenton Convention Center Oct. 1.
- Safe boating class at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Oct. 1.
- Diamond W Rodeo Bull Bash at the Manatee Civic Center Oct. 1.
- "Startoberfest" Sarasota Pops Orchestra featuring the Sarasota Brass Quintet at the South Florida Museum Oct. 2.
- Gulf Coast Writers meeting at the Island Branch Library Oct. 3.
- Artists Guild of Anna Maria jewelry presentation at Shells restaurant Oct. 3.
- Family storytime returns to the Island Branch Library Oct. 4.
- Woman's Club of Anna Maria Island meeting at the Anna Maria Island Community Center Oct. 5.
- Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce new member sunrise breakfast at the Sun House restaurant Oct. 5.
Save the Date:
- All Island Denominations dinner and dance at St. Bernard Catholic Church Oct. 6.
- Island Players present "The Foreigner" Oct. 6-16.
- Passage Key's 100th Anniversary Oct. 10.
- Island Bayfest Oct. 15.
- Tri-chamber business after hours event at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center Oct. 20.
- Goblin Gathering at G.T. Bray Park Oct. 28.
- Anna Maria Elementary School Fall Festival and Parade Oct. 29.
- "Food for Life" cooking class at the Anna Maria Island Community Center Oct. 29.
- Trail of Treats Oct. 31.
- Florida West Coast Symphony Masterworks at Neel Performing Arts Hall Nov. 11.
- St. Bernard's Christmas Bazaar Nov. 19-20.
- Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra Fall Fanfare at the Island Baptist Church Nov. 20.
- Holiday Prelude on Bridge Street Nov. 25.