Volunteers sought for cleanup
Volunteers are needed for the annual Coastal Cleanup that will take place in Manatee County from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 3.
Keep Manatee Beautiful organizes the event in Manatee County, part of a worldwide effort to remove litter from shores, parks and roads.
KMB’s adopt-a-highway and road and shore groups will clean up at their regular sites, but volunteers are needed for other locations in the county, including several on Anna Maria Island.
Volunteers can register for cleanup duty at 9 a.m. at:
• Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive.
• Kingfish Boat Ramp, north of East Bay Drive on Manatee Avenue.
• Coquina Beach gulfside by the concession stand.
• Sixth Street South beach access on Gulf Drive in Bradenton Beach.
• Cortez Maritime Museum, 11601 Cortez Road W.
• Palma Sola Causeway at pavilions on the north side of Manatee Avenue.
• Historic Wares Creek at Bradenton Woman’s Club, 1705 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
• Church of Christ, 201 Ninth Ave. E., Bradenton.
• Emerson Point Conservation Park at the west end of 17th Street West in Palmetto.
• Terra Ceia on U.S. 19 at the northwest corner of the bridge by Crab Trap I.
• Ray’s Canoe Hideaway at 1289 Hagle Park Road.
• Jiggs’ Landing at Braden River Road and Linger Lodge Road.
• Riverside Park pavilion at 801 Riverside Drive in Palmetto.
For more information, call KMB at 941-795-8272.