City to host 'green' workshop
Bradenton Beach commissioners this week will review plans for the city to host a workshop on promoting environmentally friendly business practices.
The commission will discuss the planned workshop during its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4, at city hall, 107 Gulf Drive N.
The “Greening Your Business” workshop is a partnership between the city’s ScenicWAVES committee, Green Connection US and Simply Green Solutions LLC. The program will take place Sept. 22 at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N.
Other agenda items for the commission this week include:
- A proposed amended travel expense policy. The policy is being revised to base mileage on the rate set by the Internal Revenue Service.
- An amendment to the city’s capital improvements plan to include planning for a mooring field and other waterfront projects.
- A discussion on a contract for a corridor management plan update, a document required to meet state rules for scenic highways. Gulf Drive in Bradenton Beach has a scenic highway designation.
- Discussion on the city’s evaluation appraisal report, which was submitted to the state earlier this year.
- Requests for special event permits for the BeachHouse Restaurant to host kayak races and the annual SandBlast sand-sculpting tournament.