Nothing to report
• No new reports.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Dec. 23, 1900 block of Gulf Drive N., DUI. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer and a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a call about a man slumped over the steering wheel of his vehicle, parked on a sidewalk. The officer observed the man sleeping and the windshield wipers were on, scraping against dry glass. The 56-year-old Missouri man said he was having personal issues and was at the beach all day drinking. He was administered a field sobriety test and allegedly failed. Gregory Phillips was arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge and booked into the Manatee County jail, where he later posted $500 bond and was released.
• Dec. 22, 1603 Gulf Drive N., Tradewinds Resort, burglary. Police responded to a burglary call and observed a door on one of the rooms had been pried open. Three TVs valued at $1,000 were stolen.
• Dec. 14, 116 Bridge St., Sports Lounge, disturbance. As police were arriving to a disturbance call, a large crowd began to disburse. An officer saw two men get up from the ground. The two men admitted that had fought, but that it was mutual. There were no injuries and on agreeing to leave the area for the night, no further action was taken.
• Dec. 22, 100 block of 10th Street North, burglary. An unknown person pried open a plastic storage shed and took items valued at about $1,300.
• Dec. 25, 103 Gulf Drive N., Circle K, trespass warning. A store clerk told police several customers were complaining about two men sitting outside the store asking people for money. The men were issued a trespass warning.
• Dec. 23, 103 Gulf Drive N., Circle K, battery. Police responded to the store and found a man sitting on the floor bleeding from the area of his eye. The man said a person hit him in the eye and then fled. He did not provide a reason why the suspect may have struck him.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Dec. 17, 10110 block of Cortez Road West, domestic disturbance. An MCSO deputy responded to a couple engaged in a verbal argument. There were no signs or allegations of physical contact during the argument.
• Dec. 23, 12400 block of 45th Avenue West, domestic disturbance. Two family members were arguing over holiday plans in front of several people. Another family member became concerned that the argument was escalating and called the MCSO. By the time a deputy arrived, one of the family members had left to cool down. Nothing physical occurred, according to witnesses.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Dec. 20, 4100 block of Sixth Avenue, open house party. A 20-year-old allegedly invited his former stepfather to a party at his mother’s house. A Holmes Beach Police Department officer responded to a complaint at the house and observed several juveniles, possibly with alcohol in their hands, who then fled the scene. The officer made contact with the 41-year-old man, who told the officer he was chaperoning the party, but was unaware of any alcohol being on the premises. According to the report, the officer observed several cans and bottles of beer were in open view around the property. The man then said he had only just arrived because his stepson called to say the party was getting out of hand, but the 20-year-old said the adult had been on the premises more than an hour. The man allegedly asked, “Do you want me to shut this party down?” The officer said he would take care of shutting down the party and arrested the adult on a misdemeanor charge of open house party.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
ITEMS FOR SALE
SOFA: CONTEMPORARY, $100, swivel rocker chair, $35, two small tables $30. 540-529-1835.
COFFEE TABLE: DROP-leaf, very nice, $100, 1-year old above-ground pool, accessories, 15-18 foot, $100. 941-778-3920.
9 CUBIC FOOT chest freezer for sale, Holmes Beach, $65.
FREEBIE ITEMS FOR SALE
Individuals may place one free ad with up to three items, each priced $100 or less, 15 words or less. FREE, one week, must be submitted online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax toll-free 1-866-362-9821. (limited time offer)
45TH ANNUAL SUNCOAST Antique Bottle and Collectible Show: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11. Admission, $4. Pottery, antique bottles, fossils, advertising, stoneware, artifacts, jewelry and more. Bradenton Area Convention Center, U.S. 41 at Haben Boulevard, Palmetto. OriginalSABCA@aol.com or 941-722-7233.
WANTED: WORKOUT DVDs and retired but working XBox, Wii units with games for Ministry of Presence for kids and teens in Haiti. Deliver to The Islander, 5604B Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
TERRY HAYES, REALTOR. Premier Sothebys. 941-302-3100. Terry.email@example.com. Discoverannamaria.com.
WANTED: YOUR OLD cell phone for recycling. Deliver to The Islander, 5604B Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
ANTIQUES, ART, and collectibles. View at The Islander store, 5604B Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
AERIAL PHOTOS of Anna Maria Island. View and purchase online: www.jackelka.com.
FISHING GEAR WANTED: The Privateers and The Islander are collecting new or used, repairable fishing poles and reels, nets, tackle, buckets, etc. to give to children. Donate your gear at The Islander newspaper office, 5604B Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
FREE GUN LOCK courtesy of Project Childsafe, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and Holmes Beach Police Department. Pick up at The Islander office, 5604B Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Don’t be sorry, be safe.
ROSER THRIFT SHOP: Open 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday ,Thursday, 10 a.m-1 p.m. Saturday. 9-11 a.m. donations, Wednesdays. 511 Pine Ave. Anna Maria. 941-779-2733.
STEFF’S STUFF ANTIQUES: Consignment sale 20-50% off, open daily. The Centre Shops on Longboat Key. 5380 Gulf of Mexico Drive. 941-383-1901.
WELL-MANNERED RESCUED dogs (and kittens!) are looking for great new homes or fosters. Please, call for information, 941-896-6701.
DOGGY DAY CARE: Coastal Canine Cottage. Leave your pets with us for fun and pampering while you’re out! Lisa, 941-243-3990. 8819 Cortez Rd. W., Bradenton.
BOATS & BOATING
BIMINI BAY SAILING: Small sailboat rentals and instruction. Day. Week. Month. Sunfish, Laser, Windrider 17 and Precision 15. Call Brian at 941-685-1400.
PONTOON BOAT RENTAL Create life long memories. Call 941-518-3868 or see boatflorida.weebly.com.
50-FOOT DOCK for rent, wide deep-water canal, many amenities. BJ, 941-778-3013.
POWER NOLES CUSTOM 11.5-foot fiberglass tunnel hull with bass seats. Very stable! Great for fishing-stand on the side without tipping, go in really shallow waters. Very fun boat for anyone who wants to get on the water! Includes a trolling motor with battery. Must see! $500 obo. Call Toni, 941-928-8735.
DELIVERY DRIVER/WAREHOUSE man. Work on Island. Part or full-time. 941-524-9228. Resumes only, send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANSWER PHONES, GOOD with computers and office tasks, part or full-time. Work from Island. 941-524-9228. Email resume only, send to: email@example.com.
KIDS FOR HIRE
LOCAL ISLAND STUDENT babysitter available. CPR and first aid-certified, early childhood development major. Emily, 941-567-9276.
RESPONSIBLE RED CROSS certified babysitter. Honor student. Call or text Isabel, 941-545-7995.
KIDS FOR HIRE ads are FREE for up to three weeks for Island youths under 16 looking for work. Ads must be placed in person at The Islander office, 5604-B Marina Drive, Holmes Beach.
LPNS NEEDED FOR active quadriplegic using Hoyer lift. Morning shifts, 4-5 hours starting at 7 a.m. Overnight shifts, 9:30 p.m.-7 a.m. Travel opportunity. 941-685-5213.
TOASTED COMPUTER SERVICES. Your home and business specialist. On-site service, virus/spyware, cleanup, system setup, upgrades, diagnosis and repair, internet/wireless networking, custom system design. 941-224-1069.
I DON’T CUT corners, I clean corners. Professional, friendly cleaning service since 1999. 941-779-6638. Leave message.
ALL AROUND PAINTING: Quality work. Free estimates. Licensed, insured. Call native islander Jim Weaver, 813-727-1959.
ISLAND COMPUTER GUY, 37 years experience. On-site PC repairs, upgrades, buying assistance and training. Call Bill, 941-778-2535.
TRANSPORT SERVICE: LET me drive you to the airport or anywhere in Florida. Flat rates. Reasonable. Call Mike, 941-567-6634.
CLEANING RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL and resort. Love what we do, love to work. 941-756-4570.
JUST THAT CLEANING service: We will clean your home like our own. We offer organic cleaning products. Free estimate. Please, call Jenise, 941-730-6773 or call Brad at 941-704-5609.
U FLY I drive your car anywhere in the USA. Airport runs, anywhere. 941-746-5651, 941-545-6688.
PART-TIME BOOKKEEPING services available, experienced and reliable. Call Michael at 941-713-0284.
JOHN “THE FIREMAN” Island Cycle & Scooter Repair. 25 years experience. Affordable prices. 918-639-5002 or 941-276-1414.
DIRTY LAUNDRY? WORLD-class laundry drop-off service. $1 per pound, most items. Sun Clean Coin Laundry. 2905 Manatee Ave., W., Bradenton. 941-746-0849.
COMPUTER SERVICES: I can fix it. Virus cleanup, system upgrade. Hardware, software and network repair. FBI virus cleaned and removed. Cell phone repair, support. Replace broken camera, screen, etc. Give islander Socko a call: 941-799-1169.
BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS JD’s Window Cleaning looking for storefront jobs in Holmes Beach. I make dirty windows sparkling clean. 941-920-3840.
ISLAND MERMAIDS CLEANING and Co.: 38-year Islanders. Rentals our specialty. 941-778-3046.
BEACH SERVICE air conditioning, heat, refrigeration. Commercial and residential service, repair and/or replacement. Serving Manatee County and the Island since 1987. For dependable, honest and personalized service, call William Eller, 941-795-7411. CAC184228.
ANYONE CAN TAKE a picture. A professional creates a portrait. I want to be at your wedding! www.jackelka.com. 941-778-2711.
RELAXING MASSAGE IN the convenience of your home or hotel. Massage by Nadia, more than 19 years on Anna Maria Island. Call today for an appointment, 941-518-8301. MA#0017550.MA#0017550.
LAWN & GARDEN
CONNIE’S LANDSCAPING INC. Residential and commercial. Full-service lawn maintenance, landscaping, cleanups, hauling and more! Insured. 941-778-5294.
ISLAND LAWN SPRINKLERS repairs and installations, watering the island for 15 years. Jeff, 941-778-2581.
JR’S LANDSCAPING AND MAINTENANCE Lawns, native plants, mulching, trimming, hauling, cleanups. Island resident 25 years. Call 941-807-1015.
STRAIGHT SHOT LANDSCAPE. Specializing in old Florida seashell driveways and scapes. Free estimates. Call Shark Mark, 941-301-6067.
SHELL DELIVERED AND spread. $50/yard. Hauling all kinds of gravel, mulch, top soil with free estimates. Call Larry at 941-795-7775, “shell phone” 941-720-0770.
TOP NOTCH LAWN Care: Residential and commercial. For all your landscaping needs. 941-932-6600.
NATURE’S DESIGN LANDSCAPING. Design and installation. Tropical landscape specialist. Residential and commercial. 30 years experience. 941-729-9381, 941-448-6336.
VAN-GO PAINTING residential/commercial, interior/exterior, pressure cleaning, wallpaper. Island references. Bill, 941-795-5100. www.vangopainting.net.
CUSTOM REMODELING EXPERT. All phases of carpentry, repairs and painting. Insured. Meticulous, clean, sober and prompt. Paul Beauregard, 941-730-7479.
TILE -TILE -TILE. All variations of ceramic tile supplied and installed. Quality workmanship, prompt, reliable, many Island references. Call Neil, 941-726-3077.
GRIFFIN’S HOME IMPROVEMENTS Inc. Handyman, fine woodwork, countertops, cabinets and wood flooring. Insured and licensed. 941-722-8792.
JERRY’S HOME REPAIR: Carpentry, handyman, light hauling, pressure washing. Jack of all trades. Call 941-778-6170 or 941-447-2198.
HANDYMAN SERVICE: 25-year Island resident. We do all repair, interior and exterior, insured. The Flying Dutchman, 941-447-6747.
SOUTHBAY HOME REPAIRS: If it’s broken, stuck, loose, leaks, needs paint, etc. I’ll fix it. Affordable quality work. 941-720-2906.
PRESSURE WASHING: RESIDENTIAL, commercial, roofs, driveways, house, lanai, pool area. The Flying Dutchman, 941-447-6747.
PRESSURE WASHING: RESIDENTIAL, commercial, resorts, roof, lanai, etc. Also windows, lawn services, also. 941-756-4570.
PROFESSIONAL TILE ROOF restoration. Call Peter for free estimate, references, insured. The Flying Dutchman, 941-447-6747.
WEEKLY/MONTHLY/ANNUAL rentals: wide variety, changes daily. SunCoast Real Estate, 941-779-0202, or 1-800-732-6434. www.suncoastinc.com.
VACATION RENTALS: GREAT location near boat ramp and everything on Anna Maria Island. Free WiFi, cable. 941-779-6638.
VACATION RENTALS: BRADENTON houses or condos. Weekly or monthly. Call 941-962-0971 or 941-794-1515. www.coastalpropertiesrealty.com. Suzanne Wilson, broker.
ANNUAL HOME WANTED January 2014: Long-time Island couple seeks single-family home with pool in quiet Holmes Beach or Anna Maria. No pets, no smoking. Minimum 2BR/2BA. Will consider waterfront condo. Tom, 941-993-4909.
1BR AND 2BR units off Cortez Road, two miles from the beach. 3611 117th St. W., one block from the bay. $650-$800/month. 941-518-8478.
JANUARY AND FEBRUARY AVAILABILITY: 1 and 2BR at Westbay Cove condo. Walk to beach, shopping, restaurants, on free trolley line. Tennis, two heated pools. Old Florida Realty Co., 941-713-9096.
3BR/1.5BA with screen porch, garage. Washer, dryer and big back yard. $2,000 month. Mike Norman Realty, 941-778-6696.
FLORIDA KEYS VACATION rental house. 2BR/2BA with dock, oceanside. Available Dec. 21-Jan. 8. 941-778-3106.
OLD FLORIDA GROUND-floor vacation apartments, $650/week, spring dates available. 941-778-2374.
ANNUAL RENTAL: 2BR/2BA home, large lanai, deck, hot tub. RV parking, $1,500/month, First, last, security. 10303 Spoonbill Road. W., Flamingo Cay. 941-704-0065.
ANNUAL RENTAL N.W. Bradenton: 3BR/2A private home with heated pool and fenced backyard. Tile and carpet, granite counter tops, two-car garage, covered patio, partial lake views, washer/dryer hookups. Lawn care and pool care provided. Small dog considered. Close to Robinson Preserve. $1,600/month. First, last, security. Gulf-Bay Realty, 941-778-7244.
RETIRED TEACHER SEEKS furnished bedroom with private bath in private home. Anna Maria Island or Bradenton. 941-779-6314.
SEASONAL OR WEEKLY cottage-style rentals. 1BR/1BA or 1BR/1BA with loft with pool. Walk to beach, shops or dining! 941-778-3426. Web site: www.spinnakerscottages.com.
PLEASE CALL ME if you are interested in selling. I am looking to purchase a home close to the beach or on the beach. 941-779-6158. No Realtors.
WE’RE LOW, LISTINGS needed. Are you curious as to how much your home could be worth? Call us for a free professional consultation. Call Lynn at Edgewater Real Estate, 941-778-8104.
LAKEFRONT CONDO: 2BR/2BA. $230,500. Over-55 community, no pets, renovated home, quiet area, double carport, ground floor, boat docks, kayak/canoe facilities, heated pool, exercise room, tennis, shuffleboard, and waterfront park on beautiful Sarasota Bay. Only two miles to Bradenton Beach. For sale by owner. Call Fred 941-794-5011.
FOR SALE BY owner: Palm Court off of El Conquistador Parkway. 4816 61st. Ave. Drive W., Bradenton. Move-in ready, 941-524-6977.
LOCAL HOMEOWNER SEEKS a second mortgage on canal home. Value of equity, $415,000. Will pay interest only for two years at 8 percent. Seeking to borrow $135,000, monthly payments of $900. Contact owner Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-927-1304.
GREAT LITTLE HOUSE, great big view: Open water view of AMI Bridge, 1950s cottage, block construction, pine accents. New appliances, etc. An island treasure. $849,500. FSBO. 941-730-2606 (leave message).