Thursday, Dec. 21
9 a.m. to noon - Bloodmobile at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach.
Saturday, Dec. 23
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club breakfast meeting with guest speaker Bob Lamasdro discussing "Modern China" at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
10 a.m. to noon - Joe Fletcher will be demonstrating "Ink Sublimation of Art Work on Tile" at the Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive W., Holmes Beach. Information: 792-7039.
Sunday, Dec. 24
6 p.m. - Christmas Eve celebration at Island Baptist Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 778-0719.
- "Seussical" at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through Dec. 23. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- "Fishing in Paradise" exhibit by Harvey Gaunt at the Arts Council Gallery, 9260 12th St. W., Bradenton, through Dec. 28. Information: 746-2223.
- Photography exhibit of work by Paula Schoenwether at the Artists Guild Gallery, 5413 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through Dec. 31. Information: 778-6694.
- Old-fashioned holiday display at Belle Haven Cottage and Anna Maria Island Historical Museum, 402 Pine Ave., Anna Maria, through Dec. 31. Information: 778-0492.
- Photography exhibit by John Bonser at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through Dec. 31. Information: 792-1039.
- "The Blue Briny: Mermaids & More" at the Village of the Arts, along 12th Avenue West, Bradenton, through Jan. 6. Information: 747-0823.
- "The Use of Vibrant Color with Watercolor" at Island Gallery West Dec. 30.
- Family story hour at the Island Branch Library Jan. 2.
- Manga and Japanese Pop Culture presentation for teens at the Island Branch Library Jan. 2.
- Still life oil painting workshop at the Longboat Key Center for the Arts Jan. 3-4.
Save the Date:
- Anna Maria Elementary School Dolphin Dash 5k Fun Run Jan. 20.
- Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra Young Artists Competition Jan. 20.
- Anna Maria Island Rotary Club Casino Night Jan. 27.