Wednesday, May 12
7:45 to 9 a.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce sunrise breakfast at the Gathering Place Family Restaurant, 101 Seventh St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
11:30 a.m. — Off Stage Ladies Auxiliary of the Island Players luncheon meeting at the Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave., Bradenton. Information: 941-518-4431.
Thursday, May 13
11:30 a.m. — St. Bernard Catholic Church and Episcopal Church of the Annunciation women’s luncheon at St. Bernard, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4769.
8 p.m. — “The Prisoner of Second Avenue” opens at Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, through May 23. Information: 941-778-5755. Fee applies.
Friday, May 14
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Opening reception for the Manatee High Art Exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2099.
Saturday, May 15
8:30 a.m. — Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts guest speaker Cindy Sloan of Meals on Wheels PLUS at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9:30 a.m. — “Sand in my Sandals” presentation by Jane Kitchings, director of Women’s Ministries, First Baptist Bradenton, at Crosspointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0719.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Privateers host Snooks Adams Kids Day at Bayfront Park, Anna Maria. Information: 941-725-0184.
Monday, May 17
Noon — Anna Maria Island Democratic Club meeting with state Rep. Keith Fitzgerald at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-0564.
Tuesday, May 18
Noon — The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island explores the “Motivation of giving based on gender and age” with guest speaker Susan Atherton at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee applies. Information: 941-794-3390.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., Anna Maria Duplicate Bridge Club at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0504.
• Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Inquiring Minds non-denominational group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through April. Information: 941-778-4579.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Alternating Wednesdays, 11 a.m., memory loss support group at the Longboat Island Chapel Aging in Paradise Resource Center, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Fridays, 11 a.m., Over 39ers group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, Holmes Beach.
• Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., through May, open-air market at 107 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-518-4431.
Wednesday, May 12
4:30 p.m. — Artist reception for Barbara Schicitano at All Angels by the Sea Episcopal Church Art Gallery, 563 Bay Isles Road, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-8161.
Thursday, May 13
7 p.m. — Visions of the Future Film Series: “THX1138,” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131 ext. 27. Fee applies.
Sunday, May 16
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Rare Fruit Tree Sale at the Manatee Civic Center, One Haben Blvd., Palmetto. Information: 941-776-0222.
• May 20, Visions of the Future Film Series: “Alien,” South Florida Museum.
• May 20, oil painting demonstration, Artists Guild Gallery.
• May 26, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange.
Save the Date:
• May 29, West Manatee Fire Rescue Auxiliary yard sale.
• May 29, Anna Maria Island Privateers “Plunder Fest” benefit concert, Aces Lounge.
• May 14, fourth-grade gardeners lunch at Beach Bistro.
• May 25, Parent Teacher Organization dinner and fifth-grade performance.
• 9 a.m, June 3, third- and fourth-grade awards assembly.
• 9 a.m, June 4, fifth-grade awards assembly.
• 1:15 p.m. Friday, June 4, early dismissal.
• June 8, fifth-grade luncheon at the BeachHouse Restaurant.
For more information, call the school office at 941-708-5525. AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.