Wednesday, May 26
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Business Card Exchange hosted by The Bridge Street Merchants, 117 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
7 p.m. — The Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, hosts an annual membership meeting and scholarship awards reception. Information: 941-778-3959.
Friday, May 28
6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — The Back Alley, 121 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach, hosts a benefit for Mote Marine Laboratory/Gulf Coast Oil Spill Response. Information: 941-778-1800.
Saturday, May 29
8:30 a.m. — Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts guest speaker Rose Quin Bare of the Manatee Operation Military Troop Support at Café on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. — The Rotary Club of Anna Maria holds a Food-Raiser at the Public super market in Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1880.
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — West Manatee Fire Rescue Auxiliary garage sale at the historic fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-720-0426.
Sunday, May 30
6 p.m. — Luau for middle school students hosted by CrossPointe Fellowship on the beach south of Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0719.
Monday, May 31
Noon — Beach gathering for middle school students featuring music and games hosted by CrossPointe Fellowship on the beach south of Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0719.
Tuesday, June 1
6 p.m. — Beach gathering for middle school students featuring music and games hosted by CrossPointe Fellowship on the beach south of Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0719.
Wednesday, June 2
6 p.m. — Pizza dinner for middle school students at CrossPointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0719.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee applies. Information: 941-794-3390.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., Anna Maria Duplicate Bridge Club at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0504.
• Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Inquiring Minds non-denominational group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through April. Information: 941-778-4579.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Alternating Wednesdays, 11 a.m., memory loss support group at the Longboat Island Chapel Aging in Paradise Resource Center, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Fridays, 11 a.m., Over 39ers group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, Holmes Beach.
Saturday, May 29
4:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. — “Plunder Fest” benefit concert hosted by the Anna Maria Island Privateers at Ace’s Lounge, 4393 Palma Sola Blvd., Bradenton. Information: 941-238-8974. Fee applies.
• June 3, Intergenerational Garden volunteer work meeting, Annie Silver Community Center.
• June 4-6, Cortez Yacht Club Hook ’Em and Cook ’Em fishing tournament.
• June 5, Boating safety course, Anna Maria Island Power Squadron.
• June 5-6, the 10th annual Island Blood Drive.
Save the Date:
• June 14-18, Vacation Bible school at St. Bernard Catholic Church.
• June 26, Seafood Fest Biker Bash benefit for the Maritime Museum, Cortez Kitchen.
For more information, call the school office at 941-708-5525. AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
AME school calendar
• 6 p.m. May 27, voices of Anna Maria performance.
• May 28, second-grade dance.
• May 31, no school.
• 9 a.m. June 3, third- and fourth-grade awards assembly.
• 9 a.m. June 4, fifth-grade awards assembly.
• June 4, early out 1:15.
• June 8, fifth-grade luncheon at the BeachHouse Restaurant.
• June 9, last day of classes.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.