Wednesday, June 23
11 a.m. — Einstein Circle Discussion Group at The Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-359-4296.
4 p.m. — Bayfest planning meeting at the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce, 5313 Gulf Drive N., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1541.
5:30 p.m. — Origami teen program at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Thursday, June 24
10:30 a.m. — “Earthlings H2O” children’s program at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1908.
5 p.m. — Intergenerational Garden volunteer work meeting at the Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach.
Saturday, June 26
9 a.m. — Fishing class for children ages 5-12 at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908. Fee applies.
9 and 10:30 a.m. — Wagon Tours through Robinson Preserve, 1704 99th St. N.W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-4591, ext. 4605. Fee applies.
11:30 a.m. — Hands Across the Sand anti-oil drilling demonstration on the beach of Anna Maria Island. Information: www.handsacrossthesand.com.
12:30 p.m. — Seafood Fest Biker Bash at Cortez Kitchen, 119th St. W., Cortez, featuring musical guest Razing Cane, classic bike show and a Poker Walk through the village benefiting the Maritime Museum. Information: 941-798-9404.
Tuesday, June 29
Noon — The Rotary Club of Anna Maria presentation about the Rotary Council of Legislation with past District Governor Ken Ruskin at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach.
Wednesday, June 30
5:30 p.m. — “Manga, Anime and Cosplay” teen program at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee applies. Information: 941-794-3390.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., Anna Maria Duplicate Bridge Club at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0504.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Alternating Wednesdays, 11 a.m., memory loss support group at the Longboat Island Chapel Aging in Paradise Resource Center, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Fridays, 11 a.m., Over 39ers group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations throughout the summer. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, Holmes Beach.
Wednesday, June 23
6 p.m. — Hula Hoop Jam gathers at the kayak launch in Robinson Preserve, 1704 99th St. N.W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-4501 ext. 4605.
• July 2, Fireworks, Mar Vista Restaurant.
• July 3, Anna Maria Island Privateers Independence Day Parade.
• July 3, Fireworks, BeachHouse Restaurant.
• July 4, Fireworks, Sandbar Restaurant.
• July 4, Fireworks, Manatee Riverside, downtown Bradenton.
• July 7, DIY T-Shirt Surgery teen program, Island Branch Library.
• July 7, Gulf Coast Writers meeting, Island Branch Library.
• July 8, Yo-Yo demonstration, Island Branch Library.
Save the Date:
• July 10, Intergenerational Garden grand opening, Annie Silver Community Center.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.