Scheduled celebrations for the long July 4 weekend include:
• July 1, 4:30 p.m., the Anna Maria Island Privateers seize Bradenton Beach City Hall, 107 Gulf Drive N., and hold Mayor Bob Bartelt for ransom.
• July 2, dusk, the Chiles Restaurant Group sponsors the Boom Boom by the Bay fireworks display near the Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant, 760 Broadway St., Longboat Key.
• July 3, dusk, the Chiles Restaurant Group sponsors the Fireworks Extravaganza near the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach.
• July 4, 10 a.m., AMIP presents the annual July 4 Parade, which begins at Coquina Beach in Bradenton Beach and continues to Bayfront Park in Anna Maria.
• July 4, noon, AMIP hosts a scholarship awards barbecue at Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe/Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• July 4, dusk, the Chiles Restaurant Group sponsors the Grand Finale Fireworks near the Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria.