• Jan. 28, 700 block of Jacaranda Road, disturbance. Two neighbors were reportedly arguing. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy advised the men that the nature of their argument was a civil matter and should be taken up with their landlord.
• Feb. 3, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria City Pier, information. A MCSO deputy responded to the city pier on a possible drowning call. He arrived and made contact with a woman lying on the pier bleeding from her hands and legs. According to the report, the woman said she lost her footing and fell off the pier. She attempted to cling to the pier and cut herself on the barnacles. Others in the area helped the woman back onto the pier. She was transported to the hospital for treatment.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Feb. 3, 100 block of Sixth Street North, no valid driver’s license. A 34-year-old Holmes Beach man was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of not having a valid driver’s license. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer on routine patrol observed a vehicle with no working taillights and initiated a traffic stop. The driver produced a Florida ID card and the officer asked for a driver’s license. The driver said the last time he had a license was in Tennessee. He said it was suspended, but that it had also expired seven years ago. The driver said he was the only one sober enough in his group to drive, but admitted he made a bad decision. He was arrested and transported to the Manatee County jail.
• Feb. 6, 101 Bridge Street, domestic battery. Police responded to a disturbance call and made contact with a mother and daughter. The daughter admitted she punched her mother while they were arguing. She told police she had been drinking, and she had aggression toward her mom. When police informed the 32-year-old Bradenton woman she was being arrested, the woman became aggressive toward the officers. She then climbed into a vehicle and refused to exit. Officers were able to remove her from the vehicle, at which time she became more combative and had to be taken to the ground and secured. She was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and resisting arrest.
• Feb. 6, Coquina Beach, trespass. Police responded to a call of a man and woman engaging in sexual relations on the beach. Both were fully clothed when the officer arrived. According to the report, the couple was embarrassed and apologetic. They were told to leave the area and complied.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Jan. 29, 12918 Yacht Club Place, information. A man reported that a friend had used his vehicle and had not returned. An MCSO deputy entered the vehicle identification into the system in an attempt to locate the vehicle.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Jan. 31, 500 block of 67th Street, domestic battery. Holmes Beach Police Department officers arrested a 22-year-old man for domestic battery after punching his father. According to the report, the man wanted prescription pills that were in his sister’s purse. When she refused, he threw her purse to the ground, at which time the father began arguing with the suspect, who then struck the father, causing several lacerations to his face.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.