Wednesday, June 21
5:30 p.m. - Cowrie shell jewelry workshop for teens at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
7:30 to 9 p.m. - Adult basketball at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
Thursday, June 22
11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Manatee Young Professionals Hot Topic Luncheon with guest Pat Glass at the Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 748-4842. Fee applies.
2:30 p.m. - Irish dance lessons with John Corbett at Duffy’s Tavern, 5808 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-2416.
Saturday, June 24
8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - America’s Boating Course at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, 5801 33rd Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 795-6189. Fee applies.
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - The Florida Gulf Coast Sports Commission "Outdoor Festival" at Coquina Park, Bradenton Beach. Information: 800-779-0765.
Sunday, June 25
10:15 a.m. - Sanctuary Choir presents its "Freedom Celebration" musical tribute at West Bradenton Baptist Church, 1305 43rd St. W., Bradenton. Information: 748-6926.
Monday, June 26
6 to 8:30 p.m. - "Son Treasure Island" Vacation Bible School at Island Baptist Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-0719.
Tuesday, June 27
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch with guest speaker Birgit Sesterhenn, outbgoing club president, at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 713-0042.
Wednesday, June 28
5:30 p.m. - Writing workshop for teens with Islander reporter Diana Bogan at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341. Bring writing for critique.
- Art by Jean Ehlis at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through June 30.
- "The Art of Uncle Monday" exhibit at South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton, through Aug. 20. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Gulf Coast Writers meeting at Island Branch Library July 3.
- Comic/Illustration workshop at Island Branch Library July 5.
Save the Date:
- Art Festival at Coquina Beach July 8-9.
- Sit-N-Knit class at the Anna Maria Island Community Center July 12.
- "As You Like It" at Island Players July 12-16.