Wednesday, Sept. 14
10:30 a.m. - Friends of the Island Branch Library book club meeting at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
5 to 9 p.m. - "Generations in Your Workplace" seminar at the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2466. Fee applies.
5 to 10 p.m. - Dine out for Hurricane Katrina at Sign of the Mermaid restaurant, 9707 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Reservations: 778-9399. Proceeds benefit the American Red Cross.
Thursday, Sept. 15
9 a.m. - Anna Maria Village Merchant's Association meeting at the Sandbar restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria.
Friday, Sept. 16
5 to 9 p.m. - Friday Fest on the Bay with Allon Sams and Friends outside the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, 777 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. Information: 953-3368.
Saturday, Sept. 17
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Safe boating: "The ABC Course" at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 81, 5807 33rd Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 795-6189. Fee applies.
Monday, Sept. 19
Noon - Anna Maria Island Democratic Club presents "Democrats: Out to Win" at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 778-4176.
4 to 7 p.m. - Blood drive at the Island Baptist Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-0719.
- "Pippin" at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through Sept. 18. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at El Conquistador Country Club Sept. 23.
- "Our Town" theater production at Manatee Community College Sept. 23.
- Family Day dinner at the Anna Maria Island Community Center Sept. 26.
- Moscow State Circus to the Manatee Convention Center Sept. 29.
Save the Date:
- "A Taste of St. Armands" Oct. 1.
- Manatee County Coastal Cleanup Oct. 1.
- "Startoberfest" Sarasota Pops Orchestra featuring the Sarasota Brass Quintet at the South Florida Museum Oct. 2.
- All Island Denominations dinner and dance at St. Bernard Catholic Church Oct. 6.
- Island Players present "The Foreigner" Oct. 6-16.
- Islandwide Blood Drive Oct. 7.
- Passage Key's 100th Anniversary Oct. 10.
- Island Bayfest Oct. 15.
- Tri-chamber business after hours event at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center Oct. 20.
- Anna Maria Elementary School Fall Festival and Parade Oct. 29.
- "Food for Life" cooking class at the Anna Maria Island Community Center Oct. 29.
- Trail of Treats Oct. 31.
- Florida West Coast Symphony Masterworks at Neel Performing Arts Hall Nov. 11