• June 13, 300 block of North Bay Boulevard, seized tag and license. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office stopped a motorist for allegedly failing to brake at a stop sign. During the traffic stop, the MCSO deputy determined that the motorist’s license was suspended. The deputy took the motorist’s license and vehicle tag and issued multiple citations.
• June 13, 60 block of North Shore Drive, open doors. An MCSO deputy on patrol found the rear doors of a home were open. The MCSO had previously investigated a burglary at the home.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• June 11, 1600 block of Gulf Drive South, no driver’s license, disorderly intoxication, littering. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer stopped a motorist for failure to wear a seatbelt. During the stop, the officer determined the motorist lacked a valid driver’s license. A passenger was taken into custody for alleged disorderly intoxication and littering. During the stop, he threw a beer bottle out of the window and then refused to pick up the bottle.
• June 14, 200 block of Bay Drive South/mooring field, domestic battery. BBPD responded to a complaint from a woman who said a verbal argument with a man escalated to a physical assault when the man grabbed her, held her and slapped her.
• June 15, 1800 block of Gulf Drive South/Coquina Beach, warrant arrest. BBPD took a man into custody who was wanted on an outstanding warrant for violation of probation. Authorities sought extradition of the 50-year-old man who was on probation for a conviction for false imprisonment. He had been seen in Holmes Beach getting on a southbound trolley.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• June 10, 12700 block of Cortez Road West, burglary. The MCSO investigated a complaint of a vehicle break-in. A purse was stolen. Total value of theft was estimated at $185.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• June 12, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, found gun. A Holmes Beach Police Department officer was stopped by a man who said his son found a semi-automatic handgun while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico near Runaway Bay.
• June 14, 3400 block of East Bay Drive, petit theft. An HBPD officer arrested a man for allegedly stealing a skimboard, a dozen roses and a case of beer from the Publix Super Market. The value of the items was about $51.
• June 15, 3400 block of East Bay Drive, theft. HBPD responded to the Publix Super Market an incident in which a 24-year-old man was arrested for petit theft and for resisting a retail merchant. Store personnel had detained the man in a security room when he allegedly charged at a clerk and knocked over about $200 worth of merchandise.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.