Friday, April 27
• 9 a.m. — Community Coffee Club hosted by Edward Jones Financial advisor Danny Wood, Olive Oil Outpost, 401 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-779-2499.
Saturday, April 28
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, Holmes Beach Police Department, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-708-5804.
· 2-4 p.m. — Courtyard Concert at AMI Concierge and the Sarong Company, 9908 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, sponsored by Divine Caffe, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-896-9705.
• 6- 11 p.m. — Anna Maria Elementary School-Parent Teacher Organization Spring Fling, Anna Maria Island Community Center. Information: 941-812-7253
Performance Times Vary — Cirque Aquatic Under the Big Top, Desoto Mall, Route 301. Fee applies. Information: 941-704-8572.
Saturday, April 28
• 5:30 p.m. — DeSoto Heritage Festival 5K Run and Grand Parade, Manatee High School to Manatee school district headquarters, including city of Bradenton street closures.
• Through April 27, “Paint the Town” exhibit, ArtCenter of Manatee, 209 Ninth St., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-2862.
• Through May 24, “Artists and Animals of Myakka” exhibit, Durante Gallery and Cultural Media Room, Longboat Key Center for the Arts, Ringling College of Art and Design, 6860 Longboat Drive S., Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2345.
• Third Mondays, noon, through May, Anna Maria Island Democratic Club, BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-779-0564.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., duplicate bridge games at Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-3390.
• Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m., coffee and conversation for seniors at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• First Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m., Pier Regulars meet at the Rod & Reel Pier, 875 N. Shore Drive, Anna Maria.
• Second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., VFW Post No. 8199 meets at the volunteer fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-4400.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants on Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• Sundays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Bridge Street Market hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach. Information: 215-906-0668.
• May 2, Family Science Night and Book Fair, Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: Karen Newhall at 941-708-5525, ext. 2040.
• May 3, Georgia Gibbons Benefit, Sandbar Restaurant pavilion, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-3232.
• May 5, Island 5K Run and 1-Mile Family Fun Run, Bayfront Park, 316 N. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 941-747-8726.
• May 9, Off Stage Ladies of Island Players Kentucky Derby luncheon, Gulf Drive Cafe & Tiki, 900 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach, Fee applies. Information: 941-799-2181.
• May 12, Manatee Children’s Services Band Slam, Sarasota Bradenton International Convention Center, 8005 15th St. E., Sarasota. Fee applies. Information: 941-504-5208.
• May 12, Sisters Key Island Cleanup, Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub, Longboat Key, shuttle by Kathleen D. Information: 941-953-5333.
Save the Date:
• May 26, Bradenton/Sarasota Deep Sky Observers, Sidewalk Astronomy, city field, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-342-9632
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.