• June 4, 700 block of North Shore Drive, DUI with property damage. Michael Frieler, 21, was involved in a minor traffic accident when he backed his vehicle into a parked car. It was determined during the investigation that he was impaired and Frieler was arrested on misdemeanor DUI charges. He was booked into the Manatee County jail on $2,000 bond. According to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office website, Frieler posted bond June 4.
• June 15, 200 block of Lakeview Drive, suspicious incident. While on routine patrol near the Anna Maria City Pier, a MSCO deputy observed a vehicle approach at a high rate of speed. The deputy then observed the driver throw a green bottle into a trash can and upon investigating, determined it was a beer bottle. The deputy made contact with the 19-year-old man and asked why he had a beer bottle in his vehicle. The man said it was not his. The deputy then escorted the man to his parents’ house but, upon arriving, observed what appeared to be underage young adults running out of the back of the house. The parents were not home. Since the parents lived in Holmes Beach, HBPD was contacted to assist. Two officers explained that underage adults should not be drinking at the house. The man was cited for open container, but no further action was taken.
• June 14, 200 block of Gladiolus Street, battery. A boyfriend asked his girlfriend to leave because she was flirting with his friends. According to the report, the couple had recently broken up after a year of dating. The woman went outside and began to bang on the man’s truck with her hands, at which time he yelled for her to stop. According to the report, the woman came back inside and jumped on the man, biting him on his upper arm. The man was able to break free and told the woman to leave or he would call the police. She jumped on him a second time and bit him in the upper back area. Police were called and she was arrested for misdemeanor battery charges.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• June 18, 1100 block of Gulf Drive, bicycle theft. Fun & More Rentals of Anna Maria had delivered a beach cruiser valued at $100 to the residence under a porch, and it was stolen. The renters reported the incident, and told police that numerous people used their yard as an entrance to the beach that day.
• June 11, 1300 block of Gulf Drive North. Police requested an arrest warrant on felony child abuse charges be issued for a 36-year-old Gibsonton man after the mother of two children signed a complaint.
The charges stem from separate incidents May 25-26 at the Silver Surf Resort, 1301 Gulf Drive N. The mother and two sons were taking a weekend trip with her former boyfriend. The first incident occurred upon their arrival, when, according to the police report, the man struck one son’s leg after the child turned off a fan that he had just turned on. The report indicates the second incident occurred as they were leaving, and the man struck the other son’s left collar area while telling the child he was not moving quickly enough. Police also reported the incident to the child abuse hotline.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• June 18, 4200 block of 128th Street West, vehicle burglary. An unknown suspect is reported to have entered two unlocked vehicles, stealing a total of $85 in coins. According to the report, nothing else was taken. Fingerprints were secured at the scene.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Reports not received.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.