The Florida Department of Law Enforcement announced a male sex offender is back on Anna Maria Island, temporarily residing in the 6600 block of Gulf Drive in Bradenton Beach.
A Jan. 23 FDLE email follows two prior years of similar reports in January about the sex offender, now age 55.
The man was convicted of sex offenses involving minors in May 2006 and February 2007 in Machias, Maine, according to the FDLE’s registry.
Sex offenders must register permanent, temporary addresses and, if transient, their whereabouts, unless otherwise ordered by the court.
The FDLE also reports other sex offenders in the area on Jan. 30:
- A 56-year-old male offender in the 4200 block of the 129th Street West in Cortez.
- A 57-year-old transient male offender in the Anna Maria area.
- A 53-year-old male offender in the 100 block of Crescent Avenue in Anna Maria.
- A 53-year-old male offender in the 400 block of Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach.
- A 59-year-old male offender in the 100 block of Ninth Street North in Bradenton Beach.