The Florida Department of Law Enforcement announced March 3 a male sex offender has moved near Cortez in a white sailboat.
The 54-year-old was convicted of providing obscene material to a minor in Manatee County in January 2000.
Sex offenders must register their permanent and temporary addresses and whereabouts, if transient, unless otherwise ordered by the court.
On March 6, the FDLE also reported other sex offenders in the area:
- A 56-year-old male offender in the 4200 block of the 129th Street West in Cortez.
- A 57-year-old transient male offender in the Anna Maria area.
- A 53-year-old male offender in the 100 block of Crescent Drive in Anna Maria.
- A 55 year-old male offender in the 6600 block of Gulf Drive in Holmes Beach.
- A 53-year-old male offender in the XXX block of Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach.
- A 59-year-old male offender in the 100 block of Ninth Street North in Bradenton Beach.