Motorist alerts on Anna Maria Island this week
The Florida Department of Transportation has advised motorists of the following construction projects on Anna Maria Island from Dec. 21-25 that may affect traffic.
• Pine Avenue from Gulf Drive to Bay Boulevard. The DOT project involves resurfacing and milling of Pine Avenue. No lane closures are expected.
• Gulf Drive, Willow Avenue to Pine Avenue. The project involves resurfacing and milling and some sidewalk construction along Gulf Drive. No lane closures are anticipated.
• State Road 64, Kingfish Boat Ramp. The project consists of driveway construction. Motorists are advised to expect intermittent lane closures between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on work days and use caution in the area.
• State Road 789 from Fifth Street South to Cortez Road. Motorists are advised to expect daytime delays while work crews repair sidewalks and install landscaping. This DOT said the expected completion date is in February.
• Worth Construction Co. has completed work on the Cortez Bridge and is awaiting the final DOT inspection. Crews are no longer working on the bridge at night, according to a spokesperson for Worth.